Welcome and thank you for your interest in our religious formation program! Our goal is to support each family in their faith journey with their children as they strive for full, active, and conscious participation in the life of the Church and the parish. As part of the registration process, we ask that you prayerfully reflect on God’s presence in your life and the life of each member of your family and commitment to:
- Join us in weekly worship as an integral member of the St. Rose of Lima community of faith,
- Support the formation of your children by actively engaging in family prayer and Gospel reflection in the home and review of your child’s instructional
- Material to support our catechetical efforts
- To recognize that discipleship is a life-long spiritual journey for every member of your family
- To embrace Catholic stewardship as a way of life, and participate in the life of the Church by the sacrificial giving of your;
- Time ~ growing spiritually through worship, prayer and Gospel reflection
- Talent ~ recognizing your God given abilities and talents, and sharing them with the parish community and the world at large
- Treasure ~ sharing by contributions to support St. Rose of Lima Church as well as other noteworthy causes
New Family Registration
All new families must be registered with our parish. The parish census form is available in the rectory (798-4992), or in the religious formation office located in the convent. Please call our office at (516) 541-1712 for office hours and to set up an appointment to meet with a coordinator or staff support member. This gives our staff the opportunity to provide specific information about our program by grade level, discuss the individual needs of your children and discuss expectations for both the parents and the children, and if you are so inclined, invite you to become actively involved in our catechetical ministry.
What do you need to provide for registration? In addition to the completion of the parish census form, you will need the following:
- A copy of each child’s baptismal certificate
- If you have recently moved to the area and your child/ren were enrolled in a religious education program at your former parish, please contact them and request a Letter of Transfer. This required document provides us with the catechetical information necessary to place your child in the appropriate level of instruction.
- Please bring a personal check. Fees vary depending on how many children will be registered.
Registration for existing parish families is conducted each year in March.
Welcome to St. Rose of Lima Religious Formation!