Parish Holy Hour
One Wednesday a month - Holy Hour at 7:30 pm; Adoration, music and an inspirational speaker; join us in church or livestreamed.
Adoration and Benediction
Come and have a conversation with the Lord! Adoration and Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament is available as follows: The last Monday of the month (Evening of Prayer) following the 7:30 pm Mass in Church; check the Bulletin for dates & times. In addition, we have a weekly Holy Hour on Wednesday evenings at 7:30 pm, and Thursday mornings at 8:00 am (using an abreviated form), following the 7:30 am Mass; there is usually no set program, so come for 10 minutes, the entire hour, or as much time as you have to offer. "The time you spend with Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament is the best time you will spend on earth." Bl. Mother Theresa of Calcutta
The Morning Prayer Group
Suspended until further notice - During this time of economic stress and hardship for so many persons and families, this is a group anxious to give prayerful support. The prayer group meets mornings in the Chapel at 9:45 am to say the rosary and include intentions and those requests for prayers that come into the parish.
Rosary at Parkview Nursing Home
We are looking to resume this ministry. In the past they met every Tuesday at 10:15 am at Parkview Nursing Home to pray the Rosary with and for the residents there. For information, contact Marianne at Outreach.
The Rosary Society meets the first Monday night of the month for the recitation of the Rosary at 7pm, followed by the 7:30pm Mass, and the Miraculous Medal Novena. Once a month there is a group meeting in the Rectory Meeting Room.
Charismatic Prayer Group
Join us for praise, Scripture reading and Faith sharing every Wednesday afternoon at 3:30 pm in the Fr. Graham Center.
Suspended until further notice - Centering Prayer is a method of silent prayer that prepares you to receive the gift of contemplative prayer, prayer in which you experience God's presence within you; closer than breathing, closer than thinking, closer than consciousness itself. The group usually meets on the first and third Thursday of the month. Call Kathy at 516-541-2923 for more information.
Prayer Line Ministry
Are you feeling called to pray for the intentions of fellow parishioners?
The Prayer Line Ministry is one form of pastoral care we can easily provide for those in need. This ministry consists of parishioners committed to offering some time each day, individually, in prayer for the needs of individuals in our parish and beyond.
How the Prayer Line Works:
- Members of this ministry pray in the privacy of their own home at their own convenience.
- Prayer requests are sent via email. This enables members to access prayer intentions and pray when it is convenient (for non-internet users, come to the rectory on a weekly basis to pick up your list).
- To join this ministry, please send an email to Maria Pinzone at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the rectory at 516.798.4992, stating you would like to be added as a member. Be sure to include your full name, phone number, and email address.
- Once your email address is added to the group, you will receive emails with prayer requests on a weekly basis. All email addresses are kept confidential.
- All prayer requests to the ministry volunteers are sent through email from the rectory office in order to ensure that all members receive the prayer requests, and to ensure the most up to date prayer request list is used. All prayer requests are kept confidential.
Small Christian Communities
Small groups come together at a facilitator's home to discuss the weekly Scripture readings and share their Faith.